Tippy Toe Tigers - Clue #2
- Type d'élément
- In our submitted photo “Lego Ladies Walking the World” from left to right are: Kate Pratten Burke, Zackery Burke, Cathy Pettinger (President of Jean Brumpton Branch, Tillsonburg), Ilene Chesterman, Nancy Chesterman holding Abigail Burke, Mackenzie Burke and Nikki Chesterman. (Zackery, Mackenzie and Abigail are Kate's three children who provided the LEGO.)
Tippy Toe Tigers Enjoy Playing with Lego
In April 2022, our clue number 2 is to make something in Lego that represents W.I. Our team gathered to create a scene of “Women Walking the World”. Each year ACWW urges us to take part in this program getting sponsors and raising money to support the wonderful programs they sponsor all around the world.
Many excellent projects are funded and in 2020 Education and Capacity Building were held in India, Tanzania and Uganda. Nutrition, Good Health and Wellbeing were held in Tanzania and Uganda. Sustainable Agriculture, Training and Development were held in India, Malawi and Uganda. Income Generation and Livelihood were held in Kenya, India and Uganda. Sustainable Water, Sanitation and Energy were held in India, Philippines and Tanzania. Maternal and Reproductive Health were held in Ghana, Uganda and India. ACWW continues it collaborations with organizations to reach as wide an audience as possible. Their partnership with the Global Alliance for Rabies Control continued, and they strengthened relationships with UN agencies, and were elected to the NGO-UNESCO Liaison Committee in 2020.
ACWW enriches the lives of whole families through health education, loans to start their own business, help them learn good farm practices, etc. Women should not be shy or put down. They can be successful and this benefits their whole family.
Locally Branches in Oxford District WI take part in Women Walk the World to raise money for ACWW to benefit others. Want to join us in 2022 or make a donation? You may contact Sheila Greason, Oxford District President, to make a donation. And way to go, Tippy Toe Tigers”! With all that Lego to choose from, we were bound to come up with lots of Lego ladies “Walking the World”.
- Submission part of the WISH challenge for WI's 125th anniversary
- avr 2022
- Couverture géographique
Latitude: 42.85986 Longitude: -80.72617
- Ilene Chesterman
- Déclaration de droit d'auteur
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Détenteur du droit d'auteur
- Federated Women's Institutes of OntarioCourriel:email@example.com
Adresse postale d'agence552 Ridge Road
Stoney Creek, ON L8J 2Y6