Women Inspired in Memory of Joan team - Clue 2
- Type d'élément
- From Tornado to Tomorrow, through “Friendship‘s Circle Bright”
We found out more about each other as we sat around the Lego pile: who knew some mothers have NEVER played with any Lego? While another loved it with her kids and can’t wait to share their hoarded huge Tupperware tubs of Lego with a first grandchild (only 1 year old now, but the time is coming). While chatting and building, we learned about cousins who live right beside each other after 3 generations on old country farmland, and about classic old Ontario brick farmhouses beside treeless housing developments, and about worries for grandchildren in today’s world.
Imagination was key, when we thought about representing WI with Lego. We started with ideas of constructing interlaced helping hands, and a giant teacup, but soon realized that curves are rare in Lego pieces, except for elevated railway tracks! Our small town experienced a tornado 4 years ago, and so we thought of making a rebuilt village, rebuilt with the help of neighbours and WI friends. One team member built our local church, where we hold our WI meetings, and the next team member thought of the emergency/volunteer firefighters that first searched the broken homes, expecting to find bodies and newly orphaned children… a very tough job, but helped on by our townspeople. Another team member wanted to show the broken houses as they looked immediately after the tornado, and the last team member showed a rebuilt horse stable and new modern houses around town. So together we show the revitalizing effects of love and care for our neighbours, the essence of WI, in our Lego diorama.
- Submission part of the WISH challenge for WI's 125th anniversary
- avr 2022
- Couverture géographique
Latitude: 45.4168 Longitude: -76.01607
- Beth McEwen
- Déclaration de droit d'auteur
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Détenteur du droit d'auteur
- Federated Women's Institutes of OntarioCourriel:email@example.com
Adresse postale d'agence552 Ridge Road
Stoney Creek, ON L8J 2Y6