Woodland Treasure Seekers - Clue #2
- Type d'élément
- “Country Pride – Safety First!”
Our LEGO building project catches a glimpse of country life, recreating a rural bus stop and school bus picking up children by the homestead farm.
Women’s Institutes were instrumental in having safety measures for school bus safety applied in Canada by having the following laws incorporated:
Laws from 1984 – 1998 – Mandatory that traffic stop in both directions when children are entering or alighting from a school bus; Children cross the road in front of a school bus; Vehicles are not allowed to pass until the flashing lights are turned off; Safety bars on the front of school buses be mandatory.
Our Wish Team foursome had a lot of fun in building the barn and school bus, sharing ideas, and a lot of laughs regarding our LEGO ability – depicting all of the 4 bullets above – Note: Even our bus driver has a little cup of coffee (to be drunk only when stationary of course!). After our efforts the team celebrated with a wonderful potluck lunch!
- Submission part of the WISH challenge for WI's 125th anniversary
- avr 2022
- Couverture géographique
Latitude: 43.97948 Longitude: -80.72205
- Marian Howes
- Déclaration de droit d'auteur
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Détenteur du droit d'auteur
- Federated Women's Institutes of OntarioCourriel:firstname.lastname@example.org
Adresse postale d'agence552 Ridge Road
Stoney Creek, ON L8J 2Y6