Browns Golden Girls - Clue #2
- Type d'élément
- Helping Hand of Friendship
This challenge forced our Golden Girls team to think “outside the box” or the walls of the Erland Lee home where W.I. was born.
Our creation represents what we feel W.I. means to us. From Browns W.I. early years we have been consistently providing support for our home and country. Beginning in the late 1930’s our members sent knitting and sewing to our Canadian soldiers serving overseas. We have evolved to make a difference supporting W.I. objectives in our local community and beyond. Annual charity fundraisers, supporting A.C.W.W., assisting families suffering tragedies, youth awards, supporting our local Children’s Hospital and building community through social gatherings are just a few of our accomplishments.
The hand of many colours celebrates friendship across our country and around the world. It also symbolizes our continued outreach and support for the benefit of all. We also reach out with helping hands to do little acts of kindness, truth and grace that hopefully have influenced others to do likewise. The hand is also extend out to receive information, knowledge, wisdom and understanding.
The little finger curled back represents the friendship, pride and sense of accomplishment that comes back to us. Our two figures portray women of all ages celebrating and working together for the good of all mankind.
- Submission part of the WISH challenge for WI's 125th anniversary
- avr 2022
- Couverture géographique
Latitude: 43.0571 Longitude: -80.99876
- Liz Harrison
- Déclaration de droit d'auteur
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Détenteur du droit d'auteur
- Federated Women's Institutes of OntarioCourriel:email@example.com
Adresse postale d'agence552 Ridge Road
Stoney Creek, ON L8J 2Y6