Country Belles - clue #2
- Type d'élément
- GILLIE'S HILL
Sitting here trying to make a quilt top scene out of lego brings back fond memories of days done by. Years ago when we had 25 members or more we used to make numerous scrap quilts for the two local womens shelters and fire victims. One member had a semi finished basement that we would all gather. there was room to set up two big quilts and usually a baby quilt as well. This went on for many years as local people donated old clothes or odds and ends of material, there never seemed to be a lack of material. Each fall we would gather for a cutting day-remember to cut on the straight of the grain ladies-Stakes of different sized squares were sorted and counted into the correct numbers for a quilt. Each sewer took home a pile to assemble into whatever pattern she could come up with. In January and February we would gather in that nice cozy basement to assemble the quilts. the wind would howl outside but we were busy quilting or tying, sharing stories and laughs. This is where I learned to quilt as a greenhorn from the experts of the club. It is an art that I still enjoy today especially during covid when a lot of time was spent at home.
- Submission part of the WISH challenge for WI's 125th anniversary
- avr 2022
- Couverture géographique
Latitude: 44.50009 Longitude: -81.24974
Latitude: 44.33339 Longitude: -81.18304
- Flora Becker
- Déclaration de droit d'auteur
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Détenteur du droit d'auteur
- Federated Women's Institutes of OntarioCourriel:firstname.lastname@example.org
Adresse postale d'agence552 Ridge Road
Stoney Creek, ON L8J 2Y6