Pine Grove Cairn Commemorating the Early Settlers


Description
Médias:
Image
Description:
This cairn, located at Wellington Park just outside of Arnprior Ontario, was dedicated September 2, 1989 as their 75th anniversary project. The plaque reads:
"1914-1989
To commemorate the Early Settlers.
In the early 1800's this community was settled. The first white child of McNab Township was born in a sod hut by the Dochart Creek.
In 1870, a log school was built on a knoll midst a grove of towering white pines. The striving agricultural and residential area was developed as we know it to-day tucked into the beautiful Ottawa Valley.
They cleared the land, and raised their families leaving behind them our link to the past, a part of our heritage.
They came, they stayed, they carved their niche and called this place, "Pine Grove."
Erected by the Pine Grove Women's Institute, assisted by the community and former residents, in celebration of our WI 75th anniversary.
Committee Members: Mrs. H. Ross Campbell, Mrs. Ben Van Dusen, Mrs. Don Campbell, Mrs. Ted Bayford."
Date de l'original:
1989
Date d'événement:
1989
Sujet(s):
Couverture géographique:
  • Ontario, Canada
    Latitude: 45.43341 Longitude: -76.34939
Licence de Creative Commons:
by-nc-sa [lisez plus]
Contacter
Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
Courriel
Adresse Internet
Adresse postale d'agence
552 Ridge Road
Stoney Creek, ON L8J 2Y6
905-662-2691
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




Vous n'avez pas de compte? Inscrivez-vous!










Pine Grove Cairn Commemorating the Early Settlers


This cairn, located at Wellington Park just outside of Arnprior Ontario, was dedicated September 2, 1989 as their 75th anniversary project. The plaque reads:
"1914-1989
To commemorate the Early Settlers.
In the early 1800's this community was settled. The first white child of McNab Township was born in a sod hut by the Dochart Creek.
In 1870, a log school was built on a knoll midst a grove of towering white pines. The striving agricultural and residential area was developed as we know it to-day tucked into the beautiful Ottawa Valley.
They cleared the land, and raised their families leaving behind them our link to the past, a part of our heritage.
They came, they stayed, they carved their niche and called this place, "Pine Grove."
Erected by the Pine Grove Women's Institute, assisted by the community and former residents, in celebration of our WI 75th anniversary.
Committee Members: Mrs. H. Ross Campbell, Mrs. Ben Van Dusen, Mrs. Don Campbell, Mrs. Ted Bayford."