Galetta WI Tweedsmuir Community History
Publication
Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON), 1965
:
Description
Créateur
Galetta Women's Institute, Creator
Médias
Text
Image
Type d'élément
Scrapbooks
Description
Galetta WI Tweedsmuir Community History - Volume 1 of 1

Galetta is a hamlet just outside of Arnprior in Fitzroy Township. Earlier names were Mohr’s Corners and Hubbell’s Falls. The WI branch was organized in 1910, inactive between 1924 and 1932, and disbanded in 1976. Some families mentioned are Austin, Bidgood, Burr, Carss, Chown, Costello, Dickson, Forbes, Gardiner, Halpenny, Hemphill, Heneahan, Herrick, Hubbell, Hunt, Jeffries, Kennedy, MacHardy, Major, Maloof, Mohr, Montfort, Moran, Muldoon, Riddell, Ritchie, Sinclair, Smith, Stanton, Steen, Story, Tait, and Wilson. Besides information concerning the branch and its activities, the book contains the following information:

- History of early settlement, including a lost needle.
- War veteran information, including the Boer War
- Farm, house, and family histories
- History of Mohr’s Corners School (S.S.#6)
- History of St. Augustine’s Church
- Some information on businesses including hotels, Canada Cooperage Co., Galetta Electric Light & Power Co., and milk skimming station
- Some information on Kingdon Mining & Smelting Co.
- Extensive description of Ephraim’s House, including early house plans.
- Mention of Indian settlement location (page 26)
- Yearly highlights of events from 1907 to 1935
Éditeur
Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario (FWIO)
Date de l'original
1965
Sujet(s)
Langage de l'élément
English
Couverture géographique
  • Ontario, Canada
    Latitude: 45.41681 Longitude: -76.24938
Emplacement d'original
Arnprior & McNab/Braeside Archives
Conditions d'utilisation
For commercial use, please contact copyright holder for permission and details
Notes de reproduction
Contact the holder of the original.
Contacter
Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario
Courriel
Adresse Internet
Adresse postale d'agence
552 Ridge Road
Stoney Creek, ON L8J 2Y6
905-662-2691
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




Vous n'avez pas de compte? Inscrivez-vous!

thumbnail








Galetta WI Tweedsmuir Community History


Galetta WI Tweedsmuir Community History - Volume 1 of 1

Galetta is a hamlet just outside of Arnprior in Fitzroy Township. Earlier names were Mohr’s Corners and Hubbell’s Falls. The WI branch was organized in 1910, inactive between 1924 and 1932, and disbanded in 1976. Some families mentioned are Austin, Bidgood, Burr, Carss, Chown, Costello, Dickson, Forbes, Gardiner, Halpenny, Hemphill, Heneahan, Herrick, Hubbell, Hunt, Jeffries, Kennedy, MacHardy, Major, Maloof, Mohr, Montfort, Moran, Muldoon, Riddell, Ritchie, Sinclair, Smith, Stanton, Steen, Story, Tait, and Wilson. Besides information concerning the branch and its activities, the book contains the following information:

- History of early settlement, including a lost needle.
- War veteran information, including the Boer War
- Farm, house, and family histories
- History of Mohr’s Corners School (S.S.#6)
- History of St. Augustine’s Church
- Some information on businesses including hotels, Canada Cooperage Co., Galetta Electric Light & Power Co., and milk skimming station
- Some information on Kingdon Mining & Smelting Co.
- Extensive description of Ephraim’s House, including early house plans.
- Mention of Indian settlement location (page 26)
- Yearly highlights of events from 1907 to 1935