User Contributions: 120 Years of Women Involved! WI Plaques, Halls, and Projects Across the Province
Records

Résultats

Nous avons trouvé
106
éléments semblables
  • Gillies Hill Remembering Hamlets
        This collage represents the signs that were updated and replaced in 2016 by the Gillies Hill WI in remembrance of hamlets in the community which are now gone but not forgotten. The signs shown are for the hamlets Carnegie, Cantire, Gillies Hill, Lockerby, Mickle, and Vesta.
      This collage represents the signs that were updated and replaced in 2016 ...
  • Brooksdale WI Plaque - Youngsville
        Youngsville In 1839 Gabriel Youngs came from New York State and purchased 1000 acres of land surrounding these crossroads. The Great Western Hotel, built on this site before 1850, served settlers travelling from Beachville to Stratford. This being the central point of the township, the West Zorra Counci lmet here ...
      Youngsville In 1839 Gabriel Youngs came from New York State and purchased ...
  • Rosebank W.I. -plaque
        THE HISTORY OF ROSEBANK CHURCH Rosebank Church was built about 1846 in Admaston Township on Henry Hutton's farm. The logs were donated by Rowland Crozier. Shingles were hand shaven by Mr. Hanawel and Miles Brown. The neighbours united to build the church. Peter Dalgleish named the church "Rosebank" after the ...
      THE HISTORY OF ROSEBANK CHURCH Rosebank Church was built about 1846 in ...
  • Bervie WI Hall
        This building was originally a Loyal Orange Lodge (L.O.L.) and was constructed in 1855. It was one of the earliest structures in Bervie. In 1960 Bervie WI purchased the hall. The next year they moved the building across the road. After renovations and restorations, it has been enjoyed by members, ...
      This building was originally a Loyal Orange Lodge (L.O.L.) and was constructed ...
  • Bi-Centennial Wall Hanging from FWIO
        This wall hanging was presented by the Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario to the Province of Ontario for the province's bi-centennial on June 11, 1984. It is on display at the Legislature, Queen's Park, Toronto. This image was taken from an FWIO hasti-note package.
      This wall hanging was presented by the Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario ...
  • Mount Pleasant WI Hall
        This is a photo of the Mount Pleasant WI Hall, located in the community of Mount Pleasant. The Hall was donated to the Women's Institute in 1905 by the International Order of Good Templars. Mount Pleasant WI, part of the Peterborough District of Eastern Ontario, currently has 12 members (2019). ...
      This is a photo of the Mount Pleasant WI Hall, located in ...
  • Pinnacle Park new Renfrew
        Pinnacle Park was created by the Bonnechere Valley WI as their centennial project in 1967. This resting spot with a picnic table is situated at the corner of Pinnacle Road and Elliott Crescent, very near Highway 60 as one leaves Renfrew towards Douglas. It has a great view of the ...
      Pinnacle Park was created by the Bonnechere Valley WI as their centennial ...
  • Goshen WI Cairn Commemorating Goshen Community
        This cairn is situated at the corner of Goshen and Yantha Roads near Renfrew. It reads as follows: This plaque commemorates the 70th anniversary of Goshen Women's Institute - 1914-1984 With grateful memories to all its members past and present as well as much gratitude to a once thriving farming ...
      This cairn is situated at the corner of Goshen and Yantha Roads ...
  • Hampstead Women's Institute Heritage Plaque
        The plaque reads: "On March 5, 1903, twenty four local women met at this site for the inaugural meeting of the Hampstead Women's Institute. It was one of the earliest branches formed in Ontario and part of what would become the largest rural women's movement in the world. Members of ...
      The plaque reads: "On March 5, 1903, twenty four local women met ...
  • School Bell Built by Calton WI
        This is a photograph of a monument was built by the Calton WI following the demolition of Calton School. It features the original school bell covered by a small roof, which is raised above a raised brick wall that has an explanatory plaque affixed to it. The entire monument is ...
      This is a photograph of a monument was built by the Calton ...
  • Lyon's Parkette, South Dorchester Township
        The plaque reads: "1852-1998 This plaque and parkette are here as a historical remembrance to the Township of South Dorchester honouring all residents past, present, and future. The Township of South Dorchester Millennium Committee dedicates this plaque and parkette as a heritage tribute in this year 2000 Committee members Aldon ...
      The plaque reads: "1852-1998 This plaque and parkette are here as a ...
  • Former Calton WI Hall
        This building was originally the Calton WI Hall, but was later sold to be used as a private home.
      This building was originally the Calton WI Hall, but was later sold ...
  • Kingsmill-Mapleton WI Centennial Plaque, Belmont, 1907-2007
        "Kingsmill Mapleton Women Institute 1907-2007"
      "Kingsmill Mapleton Women Institute 1907-2007"
  • Memorial Tree Planted by Kingsmill-Mapleton WI
        The memorial stone reads: "In Memory of Roger Tree lovingly donated by the Jammers and K.M.W.I [Kingsmill Mapleton WI]."
      The memorial stone reads: "In Memory of Roger Tree lovingly donated by ...
  • Braemar Hall
        At one time, This Braemar Hall was the hub of the community as it hosted both social and church events. It was on land adjacent to that owned by Lloyd Masters who at the time of the hall’s demise took over the lot as part of his farm on the ...
      At one time, This Braemar Hall was the hub of the community ...
  • Unveiling of North Easthope Cairn with Lord and Lady Tweedsmuir, 1936
        Lord and Lady (with flowers) Tweedsmuir pose in front of the pioneer cairn – unveiled May 28, 1936. Behind them – Mary Louise McLennan and to the right of Lady Tweedsmuir (behind youngster) is Katherine McCallum – both women researched and recorded kitchen table-type history of the North Easthope pioneers. ...
      Lord and Lady (with flowers) Tweedsmuir pose in front of the pioneer ...
  • North Easthope Township Cairn, Presentation of Pioneer History to Lord Tweedsmuir, 1936
        Hampstead Women’s Institute president passes the leather-bound copy of “History of the Pioneers” over to Lord Tweedsmuir May 28, 1936 STORY: In 1934, the residents of North Easthope township planned to build a cairn to honour the early settlers in their area who had emigrated from Scotland and Ireland. After ...
      Hampstead Women’s Institute president passes the leather-bound copy of “History of the ...
  • Troy/Lynden Women's Institute Hall, Troy Ontario
        In 1962 Troy Women's Institute branch members purchased this local two room schoolhouse (built in 1878) as a WI hall for community events. Renovations have occurred with the help of community members, Lottario, and a Trillium Grant. In 1995, a historical plaque was placed on the outside wall on the ...
      In 1962 Troy Women's Institute branch members purchased this local two room ...
  • Reid's Corners WI Learning Chair 1
        BBFG photo –caption Members of Reid’s Corners Women’s Institute gather round the Learning Chair they have donated to the Bruce Botanical Food Garden in Ripley: back L Brenda Ramsdale, Ruby Walden, Alberta Munro, Judy Snobelen, Lucille Fischer, Linda Campbell, Nancy Copeland, Ellen Waye; front L Barb Messenger, Evelyn Elliott, president ...
      BBFG photo –caption Members of Reid’s Corners Women’s Institute gather round the ...
  • Reid's Corners WI Learning Chair 2
        story by Online paper The Kincardine Record
      story by Online paper The Kincardine Record
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




Vous n'avez pas de compte? Inscrivez-vous!

thumbnail








User Contributions: 120 Years of Women Involved! WI Plaques, Halls, and Projects Across the Province